Marathon and Qualification (Mass start 6.5 km WW IV)
Men will start first, in 2 minute intervalls the juniors, womans and open boats will follow! This is the only race for the Junior, Women and Open baot category, it will also decide the Queen of the Alps.
(Categories: Junior (16-17), Senior (18-39), Master (40+), Open Boat (18+), M/F)
King of the Alps Team Race (Extreme Kayak Team World Championship)
After many years of hosting the Extreme Kayak European Championship, we though that it was time to add another challenge: a hard-core team race, the Extreme Kayak Team World Championship!
- Teams are composed by two athletes (Senior/Master) with the same nationality.
- Components of the team have to be registered at the King of the Alps 2019, and take part at the marathon race.
- Race course is the final section (class V) with the addition of 2 to 3 mandatory passages, i.e. gates.
- Missing a gate comport a disqualification
- The time will start as soon as the first component of the team pass the start line, it will be stopped when the second athlete pass through the finish line.
- Registration fee is 5€ per team, and it have to be paid before the start.
- Registration of the teams have to be made online.
King of the Alps Finals (H2H WW V)
The quarterfinal (best 20 "Open men") is carried out in a “head-to-head-format“. Two kayakers form one heat (pairing). Each kayaker will run the final section alone and timed.
The fastest kayaker of each heat advances to next round (semifinal). Hence 10 kayakers advance to the semifinal (2nd round double fun). In the final the top 5 kayakers + 1 lucky looser (from semifinal) compete in a timed sprint race (Once only)!
Juniors: Have to provide a medical certificate and parental consent form