(Mass start 6.5 km WW IV)
Marathon and Qualification
Start System: All athletes have to position themselves in the boat between the shit heap and the starting line about 500 meters below. Start paddlers move towards the start line and all athletes stay behind these specially marked paddlers to the start line. As soon as the start signal sounds, the start paddlers may be overhauled and the race begins.
Start Groups in 2 minute intervalls
- group: K1/C1 senior men
- group: K1/C1 Senior women
- group: Master and Junior men and women
- group: OC1 and Packraft (NEW) men and women
The finish line is a little further up the river this year and at the finish you have to try to touch the target paddle!
Team World Championship
After many years of hosting the Extreme Kayak European Championship, we thought that it was time to add another challenge: a hard-core team race, the Extreme Kayak Team World Championship!
- Teams are composed by two athletes (Senior/Master) with the same nationality.
- Components of the team have to be registered at the King of the Alps 2020, and take part at the marathon race.
- Race course is the final section (class V) with the addition of 2 to 3 mandatory passages, i.e. gates.
- Missing a gate leads to disqualification.
- Registration fee is 5€ per team, and it has to be paid before the start..
- You can register your team on Friday evening when the registration is open.
H2H WW V
King of the Alps Finals
The halffinal (best 32 “Open men” and 5 “open women” from the Marathon race) is carried out in a “head-to-head-format“. Two kayakers form one heat (pairing). Each kayaker will run the final section alone and timed.
The fastest kayaker of each heat advances to next finale round. In the final the top 16 kayakers + 1 lucky looser compete in the final sprint race (Once only)!
The organizers of the king of the alps reserve the right to reduce the number of participants in the final for security reasons!
Juniors: Have to provide a medical certificate and parental consent form!